25.9.08

my hands were busy in the air

i woke up panting with hands numb,
relieved to know i just had a nightmare.

i cannot describe exactly how i felt the last seconds before i could have died in my dream. i was falling to the ground from a roller coaster accident. i could feel the fear with each passing second bringing me closer to death.

it would have felt better had i known i could just wake up, but it seemed too freakin' real.

i remember helplessly praying to God to spare my life... until that split second i was about to hit the ground. my whole life didn't flash right in front of me like most people believe when one's death comes. neither did the most important thing like lily claims in how i met your mother. but a wish came into my mind, and it was the last thought before i could have died.

it's funny... i never thought it would even cross my mind amidst my plea to live. it may just be a dream, but at that moment, it felt real.

and it still does.

i woke up in time to miss the hit... scared and sweating. but when the fear subsided, the wish sunk into my system-- i realized what i want most... the one last earthly thing i'd ask for before my death.

***my personal psychologist (monching haha) insists that dreams don't mean anything, but i'd like to believe otherwise.

that stupid roller coaster sure made me see my life in a different light!

0 comments: