15.2.12

1 year and counting

Today marks my first anniversary as a packaging researcher. We have a love-hate relationship, my job and I, but I'd like to believe it's mostly love and just a dash of the other every so often.

I'd be lying if I tell you I'm exactly what my 10-year old self pictured me to be right now. I'm not a cool artist or writer at 22. Creating mock-ups of our products and making sure they look pretty enough for people to buy is as far as I can get to being one. Things turned out to be quite different, but it's the kind of different that I chose and have learned to embrace.

Thankfully, I have a boss whom I learn a lot from and colleagues who lighten up the mood in the office. And some days when I feel like my body just wants to shut down from the clutter of work that has to be done, I just look at my desk as a final refuge to tuck a smile on my face.


I've compiled pictures of people and places that hold an important part of my life and put them on my desk to remind me that beneath the piles of paperwork that make me go bananas are the reasons why I've never given up. I have my family, my friends and this crazy dream to travel the world. ;)

0 comments: