28.2.12

oh so wicked!


Last Christmas, part of my wishlist (or I think my only wish) was to watch the broadway musical Wicked. So the Wongmom agreed to book me and my pseudo-Wong sister/tita Cattski tickets to the play since the Australian cast was in Singapore. It was my first trip for 2012, and I have to say, that trip set the bars high. The rest of my travels in the next months might just find it hard to compete with. ;)

I think I spent weeks recalling my favorite scenes and singing their songs in my head before I finally moved on with my life (i have letting go issues haha). Eventually, things went back to the usual--my daydreams went back to random stuff I find in the blogs that I read, and the songs I sang in my head were either of Pheonix, Adele or Jason Mraz. Yep, the usual.

Just recently, though, Wongmom and a few others went to Singapore to watch the same musical. And get this, they met the person who played Elphaba, Jemma Rix! I could feel myself turn green just by looking at their pictures on facebook. Homaaay! At the very least, I found an autographed booklet and a CD on my bed today. Consolation prize, but I'll take what I can get. :P

Best pasalubong I got today. It was a close fight between these and the Reese's peanut butter topping, but the latter didn't come with ice cream hihi. Finally, I have new music to listen to in the car. I think I should start memorizing the lyrics, so I could sing along on my way to work. Haha! Thanks Wongmom!

And to end this day of relived Wicked fever, here's to the wickedly awesome duo that is Elphaba and Glinda! my letting go issues immortalized on paper.

Because I knew you, I have been changed for good.
(For Good, Wicked)

0 comments: